Medical Class I Certificate
The medical certificate is a statement from an approved medical doctor that the applicant fulfills the health requirements to operate an aircraft in flight. All pilots, students or license holders, must hold a valid medical certificate in order to exercise the privileges of their airman certificates. The periodic medical examinations required for medical certification are conducted, by designated aviation medical examiners, who are physicians with a special interest in aviation safety and training in aviation medicine.
For the initial Class 1 medical examination, students need to contact the 251 Hellenic Air Force Aeromedical Center (K.A.I.) in Athens, or the IASI Aeromedical Center in Thessaloniki.
The 251 Hellenic Air Force Aeromedical Center accepts student pilots every Tuesday and Thursday mornings with an appointment. The student must be at the Medical Center on time, so as to start his medical examinations. The medical certificate is issued on the day of the examinations and the cost is approximately €195, which is paid on the same day. The certificate is valid for 1 year. This is solely the responsibility of the holder, to renew and carry with him/her when on duty.
251 Hellenic Air Force Aeromedical Center (K.A.I.) GR AMC 16001
- 3 P. Kanellopoulou, 11525, Athens, Greece
- Tel: +30 210 7464717Fax: +30 210 7464746
The IASI Aeromedical Center in Thessaloniki accepts students only with appointment. The student will be informed of the results on the same day from the doctors of the center. The cost of the medical examinations is approximately €350 and is paid on the same day of the examinations.
IASI Aeromedical Center GR AMC 002
- 44 Ethnikis Antistasis, 55133, Kalamaria, Greece
- Tel: +30 2310 488715 Mob: +30 6974239238Fax: +30 2310 488774
Before the medical expires the student must contact an aeromedical doctor to renew his/her medical certificate. Below you can find a list of doctors who can renew your Medical Class I.
Dimitrakopoulos Ioannis GR AME 10017
- 28 Pandoras str, 16674 Glifada, Athens, Greece
- Tel: +30 210 9680862 Mob: +30 6936 277370
Kiriakou Grigorios GR AME 10005
- 180-182 Olympionikon str, Neo Psihiko, Athens, Greece
- Tel: +30 210 6718201 Mob: +30 6977 676737Fax: +30 2310 488774
- Alepochoriou & Thivon str. Megara, 19100, Greece
- Tel:+30 22960 82212 Mob: +30 6938209490Fax: +30 2310 488774
The cost depends on the type of medical certificate and it ranges from €100 to €150.